O.C. Tanner Jewelers ("OCT", "we", "us", or "our") respects your privacy and knows that you care about protecting your personal information. This privacy notice identifies what information we collect from you when you use https://www.octannerjewelers.com (the "Site", including all subdomains) and the services made available on it (the "Services") and explains how we may use or share that information. We will only use and share your information as described in this privacy notice.
This Site primarily operates as a for-profit business website. This privacy notice applies to information we collect from you on the Site; through the Services; in email, text, and other electronic correspondence; and through any mobile or desktop application through which we may communicate. This privacy notice does not apply to information any third party collects from you after you follow links on the Site, including any advertising and affiliate links.
We may collect and use the following types of information from those who use the Site and the Services:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as your first name, last name, email address, phone number, and other information that may not be publicly available ("personal information").
- Information about you that does not identify you personally, including, but not limited to, your personal interests, online interactions, viewing data, requests for Services, communications with us, and any other activities when using the Site or the Services.
We may combine information you provide us with other information about you that we obtain from your past use of the Site and Services, from our business partners, and from other companies. We will treat all information collected about you as confidential.
Automatic Data Collection
We collect the following types of information from you as you use the Site through automatic data collection technologies:
- Log file information commonly collected by host servers when you visit websites, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, Internet Service Provide (ISP), data and time stamps, referring/exit pages, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, click counts, and similar information. This information is not connected to personal information and is used for purposes of administering the Site, analyzing trends, tracking visitor activity, and collecting demographic data.
- Other details regarding your activities on the Site and Service, including your equipment, operating system, software, traffic information, and location data.
Our automatic data collection practices and opt-out functions are detailed in our Cookie Notice.
Any information collected through the Site is only used for the purposes related to the use of the Site or to respond to queries or questions posed via the "Contact Us" form.
We may share personal information and other information that we collect as follows:
- With our affiliates, including any subsidiaries we now own or later acquire.
- With our trusted employees, business partners or service providers that support us. We will not rent or sell your personal information to these third parties and such sharing will be limited to help us provide a product or service to you. These third parties may only use personal information in order to provide such support and care contractually required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- With a buyer, successor, or other third party due to a merger, restructuring, reorganization or other transfer or disposition of O.C. Tanner Jewelers or our operations, including, but not limited to, in the event of a sale, dissolution, or similar proceeding. In such event, we will provide you with prior notification if your information will become subject to a different privacy notice.
- With those that we so indicate at the time you provide the information.
- To third parties when we have your consent or when we have parental consent if the visitor is a minor.
- We may store personal information in locations outside of our direct control; for instance, on servers or databases where the hosting provider is located.
- We may share non-identifiable information with third parties in order to analyze visitor data, activities, and usage of the Site to make improvements to the Site, Services, and experience of our visitors.
If you choose to participate in any promotions or similar events through the Site or Services, the rules or terms and conditions for such events may change the way we share your information with third parties. Please review the applicable rules or terms and condition for all such events in which you participate.
This Site may contain links to or from other websites. This privacy notice only applies to information collected on this Site, and we may not be held responsible for other website’s privacy practices. Please be aware of when you exit our Site using such links. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of all other websites you reach through links on our Site.
While navigating on the Rolex section of our website, you may interact with an embedded website from www.rolex.com. In such case, Privacy Notice and Cookies Policy of www.rolex.com are sole applicable.
As your privacy is important to us, we provide you with the following procedure(s) for opting out of future communications from us:
Email.Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the specific communications or privacy practices you want to opt-out of. You may also opt out by clicking "unsubscribe", or a similar button at the bottom of any emails we send you and then following the online instructions. However, please note that it may not be possible to opt out of certain emails (for example, confirmation emails related to services you have requested).
Phone.Call (801)-532-3222 to receive help from our customer support team to opt out.
Online.You may visit https://www.octannerjewelers.com/contact-us.html in order to request a configuration of your opt-out settings.
Other.Users may also communicate opt-out requests or request further information about how we use or share your personal information by contacting email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are responsible for keeping any personal information on the Site current. Please email us at email@example.com to request access to view, correct, or delete information you have provided to us. We will make all reasonable efforts to comply with your requests. Any requests to delete your information are subject to our internal reporting and retention policies as well as any legal obligations we may have.
If you are a resident of California, you have the following data protection rights:
If you wish to access details pertaining to the source; categories; specific elements; business purpose for collection; and third-party disclosures of your personal information no more than twice in a 12-month period, or wish to correct, update or request removal of your personal Information, object to processing of your personal Information, restrict processing of your personal Information or request portability of your personal information contact your corporate program administrator or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits individual California residents to request certain information regarding OCT's disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to email@example.com.
Please note, however, that your request that we delete your personal information does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of your personal information. Your personal information may remain on backup media, cached or otherwise retained by us for administrative or legal purposes.
This Site does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, do not use this Site or provide any personal information to us. We will delete all personal information that we discover is provided by children under 13 years of age without verification of parental consent. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you believe we have received personal information from a child aged under 13 and we will use our best efforts to remove such information.
We take the security of your information seriously and have electronic, physical, and administrative safeguards in place that comply with federal regulations for your protection. These security measures seek to protect your information both online and offline from disclosure, alteration, or unauthorized use. However, please keep in mind that no transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. Third parties may be able to access private communications illegally; for instance, through the use of hacking and viruses. As such, all information you transmit on the Site or Services is at your own risk. We are not responsible for instances where third parties circumvent our security measures without authorization, illegally or otherwise.
The information you submit is encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) data encryption technology and is transmitted securely. You may verify this by locating "https" at the beginning of the address of the webpage or an icon of a closed lock in your browser. The computers and servers we use are also kept in a secure environment behind firewalls. We limit access to your information to those people that need to view it to perform necessary support tasks, including fulfilling your requests. We will promptly notify you in the event that personal information becomes compromised according to our notification procedures outlined below or as otherwise required by applicable law.
We may update this privacy notice at any time. We will post any changes in our privacy practices on this page with the date of the most recent version indicated next to "Last Updated" near the top of the page. If we make significant changes to the way we manage our visitors' personal information, we will notify you by email or by posting a prominent notice on our Site. It is your responsibility to ensure we have your current email address and to periodically check this page for any updates.
We reserve the right to determine the most appropriate means of providing you with any notice required or advisable, in our sole direction, under the terms of this privacy notice or as required by law. We may choose to provide notification by email, physical written notice, posting prominently on the Site, or through other conspicuous means.
We do not transfer any personal information outside the jurisdiction of the Services that we provide. All personal information is currently stored in the United States.
To send us your questions, suggestions, or complaints, please contact us as follows: